Mission and Program Goals
Consistent with the mission and vision statement of Northshore Technical Community College, the mission of the Connect to Success is to provide students with educational opportunities, experiences and career direction to meet their professional and academic goals.
An interdisciplinary degree is often highly desirable in a rapidly changing world and provides greater flexibility in creating a curriculum for an associate degree.
The program will accomplish its mission and vision by having each student demonstrate competency in each of the following areas of study:
- Communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Apply skills demonstrating proficiency in mathematics, quantitative reasoning, analysis, logical reasoning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the scientific nature of the world and the role of the natural sciences as it pertains to their health and well-being.
- Develop an appreciation of significant ideas and achievements in literature, art, music and media.
- Develop an understanding of the diversity of the human experience through the study of social, historical, cultural, economic and political systems.
- Acquire an appreciation for and skill in information literacy and the use of computer-based technology for communication, research and problem solving.