The Office of Group Benefits (OGB) is responsible for administering life and health benefits for state employees, participating school boards, and certain political subdivisions.
A summary of the benefits offered by our health plan is provided on the OGB website (www.groupbenefits.org
), as are listings of our health maintenance organizations and our Flexible Benefits Plan. You will also find a listing of our preferred providers, exclusive providers plan documents, and specific information for providers. This site also discusses our flexible benefits plan, contractors for mental health, and prescription drug plan.
Current medical benefits plans offered to Region 9 employees are as followed:
Office of Group Benefits provides life insurance for employees and their dependents at state group rates.
- Underwritten by Prudential Insurance Co. of America
- Group Term Life Plan
- State pays half the premium for employees and retirees
- Employee pays premium for dependent life.
- Reduction of 25% in coverage and appropriate reduction in premiums, July 1st following ages 65 & 70.
- Choose between Basic Plan and Basic Plan Supplemental
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits are available to all active & retired employees who are covered under the Basic or Basic Plus plans.
- Retirees over 70 not eligible for AD&D benefits
Premium Conversion - You are eligible if you are an active, full-time employee of the State of Louisiana whose agency participates in the State of Louisiana Flexible Benefits Plan.
Health Care FSA Eligibility - You are eligible to participate if you meet all of the following conditions:
- are an active full-time employee
- be continuously employed by current employer for at least the twelve consecutive months
- pay the administrative fee
Dependent Care FSA Eligibility - You are eligible if you are an active, full-time employee of the State of Louisiana whose agency participates in the State of Louisiana Flexible Benefits Plan and pay the administration fee.
Other benefits are offered to State employees via general deduction by various vendors.
Below lists some the benefits offers:
- Savings Programs
- PrePaid Legal Services
- Insurance Plans
- Heart Attack
- Intensive Care
To enroll in these benefits, the employee will need to contact the vendor directly. Please refer to the Miscellaneous Vendor Contact sheet.
Retirement benefits and contribution requirements for LTC Region 9 employees are mandated by the Teacher's Retirement System of Louisiana and the Louisiana State Employee's Retirement System.