Tangipahoa Parish Adult Education
- MANDATORY for ALL incoming students.
- Orientation/Registration is a day long event.
- YOU MUST ATTEND THE ENTIRE DAY!
- We suggest you bring your lunch.
- Dates are listed below.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
As an initial part of the enrollment process you will be given the TABE test in the areas of Reading, Math, and Language. These tests are used to determine the grade level you will start working from. If you score 11th grade level or above on the tests, then we will begin giving you the official practice test for the HiSET. If you score less than 11th grade level we will give you individualized lessons based on your scores.
- LA Compulsory School Attendance Law: RS17-221 states that any child under the age of 18 must be enrolled in a Public or Private School unless they graduate prior to their 18th Birthday.
- Students must have a Valid Government Issued ID Card & SSN to complete registration.
- 18 Year Old students must produce an Official Drop Slip from the last school attended to registers with Adult Education.
- 18 Year Old Home School Students must provide a copy of their LA State Home School Application.
- Students under the age of 18 are not eligible to enroll without an Approved Waiver (AWR-1) from their local School Board and the Adult Education Director. Please contact your office of Child Welfare & Attendance for Waiver forms. Use this link to access the LCTCS web page for Waiver Information.
- There is no-cost to attend classes, all students are required to bring a Notebook/Binder and pen/pencil to each class. All books and other material will be provided by the Program.
- All Home School students under 18 Years Old are required to submit an AWR-2 waiver to the local Child Welfare & Attendance Office. Please review BESE Bulletin for details.
- Students that have completed YCP and have a Certificate are allowed to enter during any registration without prior approval.