St. Helena Adult Education
- MANDATORY for ALL Incoming Students.
- Orientation/Registration is a day long event.
- YOU MUST ATTEND THE ENTIRE DAY!
- We suggest you bring your lunch.
- Dates are listed below.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
As an initial part of the enrollment process you will be given the TABE test in the areas of Reading, Math, and Language. These tests are used to determine the grade level you will start working from. If you score 11th grade level or above on the tests, then we will begin giving you the official practice test for the HiSET. If you score less than 11th grade level we will give you individualized lessons based on your scores.
SUMMER TERM INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Requirements for Enrollment:
- LA Compulsory School Attendance Law: RS17-221 states that any child under the age of 18 must be enrolled in a Public or Private Day School unless they graduate prior to their 18th Birthday.
- Must have a Valid Government issued ID Card & SSN to complete Intake Assessment Test.
- 18 Year Old Students must produce an Official Drop Slip from the last High School Attended to Enroll in Adult Ed.
- Students under the age of 18 are not eligible to enroll without an approved Waiver from their local School Board. Please contact your office of Child Welfare and Attendance for Waiver forms. Completed Waiver (AWR-1) forms must be submitted to the Adult Education Director by the School Board prior to enrollment. Please use this link to access the LCTCS web page for Waiver information.
- There is no cost to the student for classes at this time. However, all students are required to bring a notebook for working on assignments. All books and related material will be provided by the Program.
- All Home School Students desiring to enter Adult Ed are required to submit a AWR-2 Waiver to the local Child Welfare & Attendance Office. Only Home School Students with a DOE Approved Diploma are exempt from the Waiver Requirement. LA Home School Information
- Students that completed YCP and have a Certificate are allowed to enter during any Registration without prior approval regardless of age.